Edisio

Posted on
Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:17 am
wysinawyg offline

Edisio

http://www.vesternet.com/edisio-diamond ... black-base

Why, oh, why can't someone do this for z-wave??

:cry:

Posted on
Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:07 am
durosity offline

Re: Edisio

Well there are these:

http://zwave-products.co.uk/epages/c525 ... s/3/78/100

Which are similar in style.. i think they make both dimmers and wireless remotes in the same style... just very expensive (and i'm not sure about Indigo support)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:21 am
wysinawyg offline

Hey durosity. Its not even so much the style as the concept of a nice simple battery powered mesh switch. Though I particularly like that you can go from 1 to 5 switches at will just by changing the fairly inexpensive faceplate whilst leaving the electronics as is.

Vitrum are indeed lovely (I suspect significantly nicer than the Edisio given they're capacitive) but:

1. owww the price; and
2. the only ones I've ever seen for sale require a neutral at the switch.

I've managed to find a tech sheet for a 4 button battery one, but never one for sale. The "wireless satellite" ones that you link to actually require a live and a neutral mains connection...

So we end up with the horrible naff paddle things or bodging in LWRF (without mesh). Anyway, I've asked Vesternet if they have some documentation I can see for the Edisio gateways. If the gateway can give a command out externally it could be a fairly cost effective solution for the house even if I end up sticking in a few mains modules that I don't actually use just to extend the mesh.

Posted on
Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:11 am
durosity offline

Ah yeah i know what you mean.. alas i find the lwrf modules too unreliable now too.. i've been thinking of just getting some Fibaro Universal Sensors and wiring them up to additional on/off/on grid switches to control actions (in the same bank as what currently controls my dimmers) .. not battery powered though.. so i'd still need to have mains (and a transformer) for them to work. My house is 18 months old so it does have neutral at some of the switches.. not all of them though!

Alas this will have to wait.. it's been an expensive past few months.. the kitty is exceptionally empty.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:48 pm
howartp offline

durosity wrote:
Alas this will have to wait.. it's been an expensive past few months.. the kitty is exceptionally empty.

Better make sure the RSPCA aren't watching this thread then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:11 pm
durosity offline

Heheh.. The reason I'm so poor is partly because of how full our cats are.. 3 kittehs cost a lot to feed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1