Chacon/Easyhome

Posted on
Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 pm
DomoPat offline

Chacon/Easyhome

Hi Listers,

I am interested to use Chacon http://www.chacon.be here in Europe where we do not have much choice on technologies available.

Apparently these modules use the EasyHome protocol, which is supported by the RFXCom, but not by Indigo. My questions are:

- if I buy an RFXCm and Chacon Modules, will I see the data arriving in Indigo, making it possible to develop a plugin ?
- same question but with a W800AE instead of an RFXCom ?
- I do not see many mentions of the EasyHome protocol in the forum, isn't it popular in the US ?

Thank you for helping !

Patrick

Posted on
Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm
b_weijenberg offline

Re: Chacon/Easyhome

Hi Patrick,

The beta plug-in for the RFXtrx433 is available. See the 3rd party developers section on this forum.

This plugin will support:
HomeEasy UK, HomeEasy EU, Chacon, KlikAanKlikUit, NEXA, LightwaveRF and a lot more....
These products are very popular in Europe but not available in the US.

And 433.92MHz weather sensors (Oregon, UPM/Esic, La Crosse, TFA, Cresta, Honeywell) , CM119 power monitor and a lot more....
The weather sensors are also available in the US.

Bert

Posted on
Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Check out the RFXCOM forum in our 3rd Party Developer's forum which contains a link to the beta. I believe it only works with the new RFXtrx module. I think the developer is planning on using that forum for technical support so I'm guessing any questions can be directed to him there.

Oh - and no, as far as I know HomeEasy isn't available here in North America.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 am
DomoPat offline

Great, thank you, it looks like a good solution for me, and for the future of Indigo: we were very limited in the range of devices that we can use here in Europe, now with the RFX and it's plugin (and Insteon soon) we will have a lot more toys to play with ! :-)

Posted on
Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The RFXtrx looks to be a great addition to Indigo, particular for our European customers - it not only supports tons of sensors and other vertical RF devices, but it also implements the following which appear to have a more complete range of devices (switches, on/off (relay) modules, motion sensors, thermostats, etc. So, we'd consider these more along the lines of home automation protocols:

Most of these aren't available in North America - and in fact in the US RFXCOM only be selling a receive only version (RFXrec) due to this.

However, for our European customers this is fantastic news. Many of the existing RF technologies available are supported by the RFXtrx. I don't know what the architecture of the plugin is or even how the RFXtrx protocol works so it may take extra work for each of these protocols to be supported in the plugin.

But given the range of technologies supported I'm extremely excited that this plugin is going to greatly improve the options our European customers have in terms of hardware!

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 am
DomoPat offline

I ordered a RFXtrx an hour ago, I will soon be able to 'test' the plugin with Chacon units...

Posted on
Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Definitely post here the results of your investigations - I think this is going to be really big...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:36 pm
DomoPat offline

I received the RFXtrx and started using it with the plugin made by RJdeKok. It is going well, should I post my comments/question here or in the "3d party developers " subforum ?
Please note that posting is not enabled for me in these forums...

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great -- glad to here it is working. Can you not create a New Topic in the RFXCOM forum? I know the announcement post is locked down, but I would think you could create a New Topic.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:53 pm
DomoPat offline

No, the "new topic" button is not there !

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you sure? On this page:

viewforum.php?f=28

No New Topic button???

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:28 pm
DomoPat offline

No, no button. Strangely, if I logout I see the button. I push it and it takes me to the login page, and upon return to the page it is not there anymore... I tried with Safari and Firefox and the result is the same.

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Okay, I think I have it fixed now. Try again (page refresh might be needed).

Posted on
Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:39 pm
DomoPat offline

It's fixed, no refresh needed. Thank you !

Page 1 of 1