View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [SOLVED]Trigger when timestamp becomes "old" 

Post [SOLVED]Trigger when timestamp becomes "old"
What is the best way to trigger when a timestamp becomes old, i.e. more than 60 minutes ago?

I have a monitor that captures mobile devices (like laptops, phones, etc) and updates a timestamp when they were last seen. I would like to be able to trigger actions when that "last seen" value becomes an hour old, however the only triggers depend on a variable changing. In this case, it is almost the opposite problem: I need to trigger when the variable hasn't changes for an hour.

Ideas?

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Post Re: Trigger when timestamp becomes "old"
see the discussions in "using fing for ..." some example scripts / triggers are shown there

Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Post Re: Trigger when timestamp becomes "old"
Thanks for the pointer to Fing... There are other cases where I use a sensor input to record temperature and such. I want to make sure those are updating and send me a notice when they are not updated in a given time.

I found this post: http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10540 which answers the question... I must have missed it when I was searching before. Glad to know it is being considered in the future!

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]