Remote Log File Viewer error on OS X 10.4

Posted on
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:25 pm
berkinet offline

Remote Log File Viewer error on OS X 10.4

I installed the "Remote Log File Viewer (http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3987) and encountered the problem shown in the log entry below. At first I assumed this was a plugin problem, but the problem is reported from standard Indigo modules (cherrypy/) so now I'm not so sure. Anyway, in case this is a problem in v4, here it is.

Richard

Code: Select all
Jan 22, 2009 9:14:06 PM
  WebServer          internal server error "http://192.168.4.94:8176/Eventlog/index" from 192.168.4.83
  WebServer         

Request Headers:
  HOST: 192.168.4.94:8176
  ACCEPT: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.1 Safari/525.27.1
  CONNECTION: keep-alive
  Remote-Addr: 192.168.4.83
  ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en
  ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip, deflate

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
    cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/IndigoWebServer/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 24, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 4/IndigoWebServer/plugins/Eventlog/reqhandler.py", line 112, in index
    log_files.sort( reverse=True)
TypeError: sort() takes no keyword arguments

Posted on
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: web server issue

Hi Richard,

The problem appears to be that the Python sort() function prior to Python 2.4 doesn't have the reverse argument. OS X 10.5 runs Python 2.5.1, so it works there but if you are running 10.4, which uses Python 2.3.5, then you'll see the error.

This problem is specific to the Remote Log File Viewer plug-in, so you'll need to put in a request to Benjamin to modify it to not use that argument.

(FYI, I modified the title of your post to describe the problem a bit more accurately)

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 am
berkinet offline

(No subject)

Matt:

That's it, I am on 10.4. Once again thanks for getting to the root of the problem so quickly.

Richard

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 am
bschollnick2 offline

Re: web server issue

support wrote:
Hi Richard,

The problem appears to be that the Python sort() function prior to Python 2.4 doesn't have the reverse argument. OS X 10.5 runs Python 2.5.1, so it works there but if you are running 10.4, which uses Python 2.3.5, then you'll see the error.

This problem is specific to the Remote Log File Viewer plug-in, so you'll need to put in a request to Benjamin to modify it to not use that argument.

(FYI, I modified the title of your post to describe the problem a bit more accurately)

Darn it.... Good catch, I'll make a note of this, and work on a generic solution....

The sort can be disabled, but then it'll be displayed in a oldest to newest fashion.... Which runs counter to what your probably going to be doing with a log viewer....

I'll let you know the solution is...

Posted on
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 am
bschollnick2 offline

(No subject)

berkinet wrote:
Matt:

That's it, I am on 10.4. Once again thanks for getting to the root of the problem so quickly.

Richard

Right-o... After reviewing the python 2.35 documentation, I have a workaround that I would like to have you to test... Could you drop me a line at bschollnick AT gmail DOT com? I'll then send you a replacement file to use that should resolve your problem...

- Benjamin

Posted on
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:11 pm
bschollnick2 offline

New Version of Remote Log Viewer v1.31...

Folks,

The new version of the Indigo Remote Log Viewer is released. Version 1.31 is now available…

Please see the Remote Log Viewer page for more details…

Bug Fixes
* The RLV will now detect Indigo 2 & 3, and work seamlessly with Indigo v2, 3, and 4.

Indigo Remote Log Viewer
Eventlog_131.zip

http://www.schollnick.net/wordpress/

Posted on
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New Version of Remote Log Viewer v1.31...

Terrific -- thanks for posting the update!

Posted on
Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:05 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Benjamin,

If you don't mind, would you please add both of your great plugins to the file library? You don't have to upload the files if you don't want to, but just add an entry describing the general functionality. I really want people to be able to find this type of stuff more easily than searching the forums.

Thanks!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am
bschollnick2 offline

(No subject)

jay wrote:
If you don't mind, would you please add both of your great plugins to the file library? You don't have to upload the files if you don't want to, but just add an entry describing the general functionality. I really want people to be able to find this type of stuff more easily than searching the forums.

Submitted...

Posted on
Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

I saw, thanks!!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1