variable and execAndGo Web Server Plugins available

Posted on
Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

variable and execAndGo Web Server Plugins available

These have been up there for a while, but I've updated them to work with 3.0.6 (you have to be running 3.0.6):

variable - a plug-in that enables you to edit variables from a control page

execAndGo - a plug-in that will allow you to execute an action group then redirect back to a control page you specify

Have fun!
jay

Posted on
Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 pm
Matt offline

(No subject)

I am surprised I have missed these in the past. I know i have had need from something like this in a few situations.

Can you post links to them?

Posted on
Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

They're in the file library. Everything in this forum (User Contributions) should be available there. OK, maybe not everything, if someone is hosting the download to their solution on their own site... :)

jay

Posted on
Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

These plugins are both still available since they are great examples of documented sample plug-ins, but note that Indigo 4.0 beta 6 and higher has this functionality rolled into the application.

Specifically, instead of using the execAndGo plugin, you can now specify both a client side action (ex: browse to another Control Page or URL) and a server side action (ex: execute an action group, toggle a device, etc.) directly in the Control Page editor UI.

Variable values can be edited from a Web browser via the main Variables table page. If you need to edit a variable value from a control page, then you can show the same browser page for the edit that automatically returns to the Control Page upon completion. It works the same as the Variable plug-in, but the URL you use is different. Instead of the Variable plug-in URL defined like this:
Code: Select all
/variable/setVariable?name=SOME_VARIABLE_NAME&page=RETURN_PAGE_NAME

You can show the native edit variable page like this:
Code: Select all
/editvarpage?name=SOME_VARIABLE_NAME&redirectPage=RETURN_PAGE_NAME

Page 1 of 1