What about Icons??

Posted on
Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 am
ricks offline

What about Icons??

Great idea! What about a way of sharing graphics and icons easily? I always that it'd be a great if there was a central location where we could post and share our custom light, water fountain, garage door (etc..., etc...) icons. Some users have already made them available in the forums, but a centralized location would be awesome!

-Rick

Posted on
Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Graphics and Icons

Great idea!

Done. :)

Post away. Just make sure you ZIP them up: the library will only accept and serve out ZIP and DMG files.

I also added a "Miscellaneous" type just in case something didn't seem to fit. I think the groups are OK, and at times the product category might seem a little redundant, but let's see how that goes.

Thanks for the suggestion!

jay

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2008 8:28 am
bjojade offline

(No subject)

I'm looking for a good fireplace icon. And some better buttons would be nice. Right now, I just have a boring 75X100 pixel square that I'm using for buttons. I'm not a graphics designer, but if I had a list of graphics to choose from, I'd be doing great.

Brian Jojade
HappyMac Digital Electronics
http://www.happymacshop.com

Posted on
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 am
bschollnick2 offline

Re: Graphics and Icons

jay wrote:
Great idea!

Post away. Just make sure you ZIP them up: the library will only accept and serve out ZIP and DMG files.

Jay,

One issue here, how can we preview the icons, if we can't see them?

I'd be willing to setup a Google Groups, so that we can allow everyone that's interested to post icons, etc...

Or does anyone else have a better idea? I was looking at WordPress galleries, so I could just add it to my Wordpress Blog, but I can't find anything that offer the ability to have the user upload (when the user is a registered user)....

Picasa doesn't seem to allow other users to upload to your galleries...?

Posted on
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Graphics and Icons

bschollnick2 wrote:
jay wrote:
Great idea!

Jay,

One issue here, how can we preview the icons, if we can't see them?

I'd be willing to setup a Google Groups, so that we can allow everyone that's interested to post icons, etc...

Or does anyone else have a better idea? I was looking at WordPress galleries, so I could just add it to my Wordpress Blog, but I can't find anything that offer the ability to have the user upload (when the user is a registered user)....

Picasa doesn't seem to allow other users to upload to your galleries...?

Download 'em and check them out? We're not really talking about huge amounts of data and I doubt there'll ever be a huge number of posts to the Filelib. If that happens then we'll consider doing something.

If you do find a way to host them somewhere you can add a link to them to the description in the Filelib.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1