Prism Apps

Posted on
Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 pm
shadowband offline

Prism Apps

This is a nice service. Are there any other prism enabled apps in the works? Any plans to integrate prism with evocam?

Posted on
Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Prism Apps

The plan is to offer other Prism enabled apps/services in the future. Video is a bit tricky because all of the web traffic has to bounce off of our hosted server. That isn't a problem for Indigo style Control Pages but could chew up quite a bit of bandwidth ($$) for video. But we'll figure out something. :-)

Additionally, we have other additional features planned for Prism as well. But its main purpose is to provide easy remote access to your home Mac. Configuring routers, Vonage adapters, Airport base stations, firewalls, dynamic IP address discovery, etc., can be quite a chore. And the worst part is, it is dependent on your hardware, ISP, and network topology so there is no single solution that works for everyone. Except Prism that is! :twisted:

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 pm
btassias offline

Hi I know that the main purpose of Prism to gain access to the server
running on the mac, I have been using NO-IP dynamic IP account on my Insteon net-link for awhile, I'm pretty sure i can use the same thing what ports dose Indigo use to commuicate? so i can change the settings in my
router for port settings, then i probably get my Iphone to work on 3G

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For browser (HTTP) access, or for access via the Indigo Touch app, you need to forward TCP on port 8176.

Page 1 of 1