2 Indigo servers in 1 house; re-establish Touch connection

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 pm
hamw offline

2 Indigo servers in 1 house; re-establish Touch connection

I had a couple of crashes on the Mini which got frustrating. So I plugged the Mini into an appliancelinc and started a separate Indigo Server on my main home office computer so I can remotely restart the Mini if nothing else works. Both were on the same goprism account using 8176 and 1176 but with different usernames and passwords; this has actually worked for a couple of weeks.

All has been well while I have been in town, and I suppose the iPhone connects via wifi and bonjour when at home, keeping it all straight. I'm out of town currently and somehow Touch didn't log on to my main Indigo server on the Mini. Then I had trouble with GoPrism with repeated rejections of my username/password. I logged in remotely and tried changing the port for the office computer to 8177, no luck. I finally shut down the office computer that has been running the other server and have been able to log back onto the main Indigo server via GoPrism.

I have not been able to log back on via Indigo Touch. I tried to set up a new server on Touch by entering:

xx.xx.xxx.xxx, then same but with the local DHCP address appended:

xx.xx.xxx.xxx:10.0.1.xx. then

xx.xx.xxx.xxx:10.0.1.xx:8176.

Also tried entering servername.goprism.com.

No luck with any of these.

So, two questions:

How would one reliably set up two servers on a single goprism account?

How would one re-establish an Indigo Touch connection when outside of bonjour range?

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 2 Indigo servers in 1 house; re-establish Touch connecti

You do realize that the Indigo license is per server, right?

I suspect you'd need two different prism reflectors, but to be honest Matt is the prism expert...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm
hamw offline

jay wrote:
You do realize that the Indigo license is per server, right?

:oops: well, I guess not! Seemed like a good idea, though, to force a reboot. Any other ideas?

Will look forward to Matt's comments re Touch.

Posted on
Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For it to work properly you cannot just copy your Prism settings from one Indigo Server Mac to another. You need to create a fresh set of settings on the other Mac by stopping the Indigo Server and deleting the Indigo 4/Preferences/PrismReflector/ folder. You can use the same GoPrism account, but you need to create a new reflector on the GoPrism site -- each Indigo Server needs its own reflector connection/settings.

Posted on
Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:38 pm
pacman offline

This is a thread that matched my search words. I want to set up two servers, one for operations and the other for development. Is there some documentation regarding this or can you walk me through the steps? I had two licenses for v4 and have upgraded one of them to beta5. The dicussion around Prism lost me. Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:21 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you using 2 Macs, or are you just wanting to toggle between 2 different Indigo databases? If you only have 1 Mac, then you can only run a single copy of Indigo Server (it won't launch more than once). But you can have as many databases as you want. To switch between them just double-click them in the OS X finder and Indigo will switch to the new one.

Page 1 of 1