QTSS and Indigo

Posted on
Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:29 pm
achterberg offline

QTSS and Indigo

A day or so ago I was muddling around with QuickTime Broadcaster and the Darwin Streaming Server and Streaming Proxy from Apple. At about the same time, Indigo has been logging the following: Any ideas?

Error reflector connection test failed: Server: QTSS/5.5.5 (Build/489.16; Platform/MacOSX; Release/Darwin; state/beta; )
Cseq:
Connection: Close

At first I thought it was just the server being down, but noticed the QTTS part in the message, which I assume to be related to QuickTime Streaming Server. Starting and stopping the Indigo Server makes no difference. Since I would imagine that you would have posted a notice about the server being down that long, or there would have at least been comments posted from others, I guess that somewhere I did something stupid. Also, my apache server (in OS X) cannot be started, which I am beginning to think is also related (but not a part of this post about Indigo, of course). Any ideas?

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:32 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: QTSS and Indigo

By default I believe QTSS uses ports 8000 and 8001. Try changing the port Indigo is using via the Indigo 2->Start Local Server menu item.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:15 am
achterberg offline

(No subject)

Yes, that is what I did. I think I posted a reply in another forum, by mistake. QT Broadcaster has a checkbox to use port 80, and a clear warning that doing so will disable Apache, which I ignored. Changing Indigo's server port solved this.

Page 1 of 1