Indigo Touch Remote access thru a hotel wifi connection

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:48 pm
hamw offline

Indigo Touch Remote access thru a hotel wifi connection

I'm currently out of town with edge wireless only. The hotel has wifi which works fine. However, when I try to access Indigo Touch I get a server down message, which i guess is because it's expecting to find a server on the local network?

I know I can access Prism thru the web but was wondering if there are some settings I can change so I can use Indigo Touch?

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch Remote access thru a hotel wifi connection

If you have Prism installed and configured correctly, it should just automagically work. When you connect to your server from Indigo Touch the first time, it asks the server if it has prism set up. If so, it gets the prism settings from the server so that when it can't find the server on the local network it tries via prism.

If you don't, there's nothing you can do while you're away - either option for connecting (poking a whole in your firewall or setting up prism) requires you to be at your IndigoServer machine.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 pm
hamw offline

Re: Indigo Touch Remote access thru a hotel wifi connection

Somehow I think the computer locked up at home- can't access it at all via my usual ways. I've posted a note on another thread concerning remote restart via email, which I'll need to implement when I get home.

Thanks for the quick response, btw.

Page 1 of 1