zephIR and distributing IR signals

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:12 am
aehusted offline

zephIR and distributing IR signals

Does anyone have some experience with the newest zephIR? In particular I am interested in using it locally and distriuting the signal to 2 other locations. I have found some IR wireless repeaters on the web, but they all seem to be only from one place to another. I want to connect 3 locations. I know there are a lot of cheap IR distribution components out there, but I have never done any IR work before.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there is something better than the zephIR for putting my Mac in control of IR stuff, please let me know!
thanks

alex

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:32 pm
Valdhor offline

(No subject)

All an IR wireless repeater is does is convert the received Infra-red signal to RF and send out the signal. The receiver then converts the signal back to IR and transmits it.

In your situation you would want one IR to RF transmitter and two RF to IR receiver/IR emitter. Each receiver will pick up the same RF signal and convert it back to IR.

BTW. I have used the Zephir for years to control my TV, VCR, DVD and home theatre system. It works very well from inside Indigo.

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:20 am
aehusted offline

Post subject: zephIR and distributing IR signals

Valdhor,
Thanks for the advice.

Page 1 of 1