Indigo Not Controlling Linked Insteon Switches

Posted on
Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:46 am
scchang offline

Indigo Not Controlling Linked Insteon Switches

A couple of searches failed to find the answer, but I'd bet this has been asked. Sorry for any redundancy. I find that Indigo will only control the load for primary switchlinc dimmers. Linked switchlinc dimmers are controlled, but the load is not switched. Manual operation of the linked switch controls the load.

Also, when using the either switch to one click to a preset brightness, the other switch LED indicator illuminates the top led and doesn't reflect the brightness level of the controlling switch. The LEDs match when the controlling switch is used to brighten or dim via holding the switch until the desired level is reached.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on
Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Not Controlling Linked Insteon Switches

scchang wrote:
A couple of searches failed to find the answer, but I'd bet this has been asked. Sorry for any redundancy. I find that Indigo will only control the load for primary switchlinc dimmers. Linked switchlinc dimmers are controlled, but the load is not switched. Manual operation of the linked switch controls the load.

This is the nature of how INSTEON direct on/off/brightness commands work. They only command, or target, a single device.

You can either create another Action inside the Action panel to command the secondary modules, or you can have INSTEON send a Group/Scene command to both of the modules at the same time. The Group/Scene capability is new to Indigo version 2.5, which is currently available as a public beta.

Some folks use AppleScript to keep multiple linked switches in-sync, and there is discussion of adding some native support to Indigo to handle this as well, but that will not be in version 2.5.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:13 am
bjojade offline

(No subject)

That's how it works. The link between the switches is only a link when you make a change by pressing a button on the slave device. It's not an absolute link.

The same thing could happen if you try and link a third switch to the load but not to the slave.

Page 1 of 1