Upload to 2414u not working in 3.0 beta 1

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:01 am
GRWilde offline

(No subject)

I get the following error with Indigo 3.0 Beta 1 and 2:

Error ProcessPowerLincV2IO() caught exception: IllegalParameterError -- bad end of salad code address

My PowerLinc firmware version is 2.13. I have tried to upload several times with the same error. All my PowerLinc does now is blink every second. It does not sense any responses from any of my devices but will pass along commands.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

GRWilde wrote:
All my PowerLinc does now is blink every second. It does not sense any responses from any of my devices but will pass along commands.

Hi George,

Inside the preferences dialog (Indigo 2->Server Preferences... menu item), press the Interface Options button. Next, press the Download Internal Application and Reset button. If that fails, try it again a few times. Also, please copy/paste what you see in the Event Log if it fails.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:33 am
GRWilde offline

(No subject)

Thanks Matt,

That corrected the problem - seems to work fine now.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Good, I'm glad that fixes the problem.

Can everyone that has seen the ProcessPowerLincV2IO() error do me a favor: open up the Event Log file for the day you saw the error and search on "error". I'm looking for any additional errors besides the ProcessPowerLincV2IO() error. Specifically, errors that may have shown up during the PowerLinc Application upload process (which is different than the Trigger and Time/Date Action upload process).

I need to track down what is going wrong and have had no luck reproducing the problem with my PowerLincs (both firmware 2.12 and 2.13). Thanks!

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:48 am
sommerlund offline

(No subject)

The only other errors I have are:

Code: Select all
2007-07-29 17:30:37   Error   usb data read: stalled pipe (0xE00002ED)
2007-07-29 17:30:37   Error   usb data read: clearing pipes
2007-07-29 17:30:37   Error   usb data read: pipe clear failed (0xE00002ED)
2007-07-29 17:30:37   Power Failure   possible power failure
2007-07-29 17:30:40   Error   lost connection with interface

But that was well after the ProcessPowerLincV2IO error. After it was already in the "blinking" state.

There were no errors during the App Download.

Other errors I have were random errors:

Code: Select all
Error   reset might have failed

Error   "TV Cabinet Lights" on to 50; send failed (no acknowledgment)

But both of those were my errors, my actions caused them.

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:23 am
gmusser offline

(No subject)

For me, the action triggers work fine, but the time/date ones still don't.
George

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:27 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi George,

Try unplugging the PowerLinc from the wall and plugging it back in. Next, create a Time/Date Action that occurs every day for 3 minutes from now, choose Interace->Upload Settings, press Upload, wait for it to upload, then choose Interface->Disconnect (may be disabled if it is already disconnected).

Addendum: have your Action for the above be a simple Turn On (or Turn Off) versus a brighten or dim.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:45 am
sommerlund offline

(No subject)

George,
You might try making sure you create a new time action instead of just modifying an existing one. I think that may have fixed it for me.
Kiran

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:17 pm
billearl offline

Upload not working

I'm using a 2414U, firmware 2.12, and Indigo 3.0 b2, but uploading is not working at all. When I press the Upload Actions button, it simply dismisses the dialog. Nothing else happens and nothing is added to the log. These are simple timer actions with good compatibility. The PowerLinc internal application updated without any problem. Any ideas?
Last edited by billearl on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upload not working

billearl wrote:
I'm using a 2414U, firmware 2.12, and Indigo 3.0 b2, but uploading is not working at all. When I press the Upload Actions button, it simply dismisses the dialog. Nothing else happens and nothing is added to the log. These are simple timer actions with good compatibility. Any ideas?

Did you run the 3.0 installer on all of the Macs you are using? It sounds like your client may not be running 3.0. You can check by looking in the about box -- it will show you the client and server version numbers. Also, try rebooting your Mac. Let me know...

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:34 pm
billearl offline

Re: Upload not working

support wrote:
Did you run the 3.0 installer on all of the Macs you are using? It sounds like your client may not be running 3.0. You can check by looking in the about box -- it will show you the client and server version numbers. Also, try rebooting your Mac. Let me know...

Wow, one minute from question to answer!
I am only using one Mac, both server and client are 3.0.0 b2. So I rebooted my Mac (thought I had already tried that), and it worked this time. Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:38 pm
gmusser offline

(No subject)

Yay! I got a test time/date action to work.

But I'm still not sure my existing triggers work, and I hope I don't have to re-enter all of them....

By the way, why does Indigo upload actions to the interface when it boots up, even when directly controlling the logic.

George

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

gmusser wrote:
By the way, why does Indigo upload actions to the interface when it boots up, even when directly controlling the logic.

It does this to try to keep the PowerLinc in-sync with the logic you have defined in Indigo. I was hoping to upload the logic on sleep or server shutdown, but the OS doesn't always give Indigo enough time to complete the upload then, which can result in a partial upload (very bad). Instead, Indigo forces the upload on server startup. Better late than never...

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:50 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

gmusser wrote:
For me, the action triggers work fine, but the time/date ones still don't.

Try out the latest build. There was bug that sometimes caused the first uploaded Time/Date Action to fail to execute. Should work better in beta 3.

Regards,
Matt