iPhone...works

Posted on
Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:43 am
Mark offline

Re: Full Screen Control Pages

chris555 wrote:
So when you actually load your indigo page in Safari is it totally full screen- edge to edge? A photo would be good showing this. Looks very good bye the way!

Yes, from left to right, but not top to bottom. The address bar hides, but not the bar at the bottom. Some of us, in this same forum, figured most of this out a while back. You can read earlier posts to this same thread, but I think Matt has added most or all of the necessary code to the latest version of the Indigo Server, so you shouldn't have to tweak that, just make the pages the correct width. Sorry, haven't seen any info on how to hide the bottom bar.

There is a photo of one of the pages I designed specifically for my iPhone back on page two of this thread. I've modified it some since then, including how I made it work, but it still has the same look and feel to it.

Posted on
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:12 am
chris555 offline

(No subject)

Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for replying. Yes I've managed to get my page to auto go full screen using javascript which was posted and hide the navigation bar but the bottom bar gets in the way and spoils it.
It would be great if anyone could crack that!

Cheers, Chris

Posted on
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:42 am
Mark offline

(No subject)

chris555 wrote:
It would be great if anyone could crack that!

Since the bottom bar is part of the Safari application, I doubt that will be possible. iPhone Safari was designed to allow the top bar to move, but not the bottom, and Apple doesn't like it when developers mess with their UI controls.

But... February will see Apple's SDK for true third-party app development on the iPhone. Maybe we'll get the Indigo widget, or some version of that, running native on the iPhone, complete with it's own button on the home screen!

Posted on
Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:50 pm
Martijn Heeroma offline

(No subject)

Maybe we'll get the Indigo widget, or some version of that, running native on the iPhone

thats the plan I think

Posted on
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 am
chris555 offline

Full Screen Control Pages

Thanks for the replies. I think I read somewhere you can temporarily make the bottom bar go transparent for viewing particular pages where you want to use the full screen. Viewing normal Safari pages would show the bottom bar normally and use it's functionality which makes sense.
Maybe the new developer pack will help as you say...
I'll try posting some pictures of my pages, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how?

Thanks Chris

Posted on
Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:21 am
Mark offline

Adding images to your message

chris555 wrote:
I'll try posting some pictures of my pages, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how?

Not sure how others do it, but I have a Web site so I put my Indigo images in a folder on my Web space, then add some code to a message to place the image. To put an image in a message:

- Upload your image somewhere on the Web
- Create a new message in a forum
- Type the URL to the image into the body of the message
- Select the text of the URL
- Click the "Img" button (that will put image tags around your URL)

That's it!

It will look something like this:

{img}http://www.yourURL.com/name_of_folder/name_of_image.jpg{/img}

except you'll have straight brackets, like [these] around the image tags, instead of curly ones (Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to use the straight brackets in the example without them getting interpreted by the posting software. Maybe somebody else can teach me that).

Posted on
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 pm
chris555 offline

My Control pages

Thanks for the advice Mark, here are some of my control pages for the iphone/ touch in landscape format. Securityspy is working live and I can switch between two cams although it's a bit dark. Buttons have a water rippled effect when active and a good effect when touched for real on the touchscreen- Cheers Chris

Posted on
Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:54 pm
Mark offline

Security Cam

Wow, Chris!

For someone that didn't know how to post an interface, you sure know how to make one!

Do the buttons actually ripple? Or is that a static image? Is it a semi-transparent thing?

And I'd really like to get some of that camera action going. Anybody want to give me a step-by-step on that? I know absolutely nothing about it.

What camera? What's the installation like?
How does the image get to a Web page?
How do you get the image onto an Indigo control page?
Can you control the camera in any way from an Indigo control page?
Etc...

Posted on
Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:44 am
chris555 offline

Security Camera

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your comments. The ripples are a semi transparent effect, but if you are at home with fast wifi connection with ipodtouch or iphone the effect is quite good as you touch the touchscreen button. Your finger almost looks like it caused a ripple, at least that was the idea!
The camera thing I eventually did with a lot of help from Matt and everyone.

Basically I used the same background as my normal controlpages but made a web page the same size and background, I drew an HTML frame rectangle in freeway the size of the camera and pasted the Securityspy code into it for get video feed ie: ++video?cameraNum=1&width=640&height=480&quality=50&req_fps=10 ...here's the link: http://www.bensoftware.com/ss/help/httpinterface.html

Obviously I used the same button icons as in the control pages, the only difference is everything you use on this web page must be put in the static folder served by Indigo's web server (a copy of background/buttons etc), then all you do is link to this page as an external url from your normal control page to the static folder.

On the ipod size pages I don't have PTZ controls but I have two other size control pages which fit my laptop and 20" cinema screen exactly, and on those I do have PTZ controls which look like control pages.

It works very well and installation was wireless with DLink DCS5300G cameras; I show a twin screen first (this 20" version) for a quick look, if I want to see anything in more detail I click within a camera window which brings up a large screen with the PTZ controls on. here's a screen shot below:

I don't actually have an ipod or iphone yet but have tested it in the 02 shop and it works fine, that's why I was asking originally about getting rid of the bottom bar which spoils everything.

Hope you find it useful, Cheers, Chris.

Posted on
Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:36 am
Macsilencer offline

HI chris555

HI

can you send me your Files, Inserts and complet Indigo Webserver..

i can lern with your inserts..

THANKS

Posted on
Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:15 am
Macsilencer offline

Step by Step Instructions

Hi chris555,

i have tried to put my Security Camera in to controlpage but is not working
could you post a step by step Instruction?

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:06 am
Mark offline

iPhone Button Icons, Part 2

Mark wrote:
Here's my "simple" trick:

Note: the original remainder of this post has been deleted as I later learned a much more elegant solution for this task. See "iPhone Button Icons, Part 2" later in this thread--Mark

Continued from a previous post...

OK... that first kludge had to go, as I've since learned the right way to get custom icons on my iPhone Home page buttons for my Indigo Control pages.

First, you'll no longer get miniature snapshots of your control pages if you have iPhone create a Home page button of your Indigo control pages, because Matt has kindly placed an image of the Indigo logo in the location Safari on iPhone looks for it to create its button icons. It's here if you want to take a look:

Hard Drive:Library:Application Support:Perceptive Automation:Indigo 2:IndigoWebServer:apple-touch-icon.png

But that solution still creates the same logo for all your Control pages. If you want to have different, custom icons for each of your pages, read on...

1. Create a new folder within the IndigoWebServer folder to store your custom icons. I named mine "iPhone" and put it in the "images" folder, like this:

Hard Drive:Library:Application Support:Perceptive Automation:Indigo 2:IndigoWebServer:images:iPhone:

The name and location are important, as you'll see later. I'd recommend naming it with just letters, and no spaces.

2. Create icons for each of your Control pages and put them in the new "iPhone" folder you just created. Apple spec's the icon image to be a 57 x 57 pixel PNG file. But I found that Safari on iPhone will resize any image to fit on its buttons. In fact, the icons actually render at a higher resolution than 57 x 57, so I use a higher resolution image and the icons display with more detail (sharper). I use 171 x 171 (3 times 57). Here's a sample:

It's important you name the icons correctly. They have to be named exactly as your Control pages are, and with the ".png" suffix, like this: "control_page_name.png". I haven't tested this method with Control names that use anything but letter characters. I don't know how this will work if you have spaces in your Control page names. Mine use just letters.

Your PNG files can have a transparent background, or a colored or textured one. I included the Indigo logo so I can easily see which are my Indigo buttons. My Mac's Home folder icon was a good place for me to start. I set the background color of the folder that contains my Home folder to grey, set the folder to icon view, adjusted the size of the icon view to 120 x 120, then took a screen shot of the icon. I used Photoshop from there to create the PNG file with the Indigo logo "flag."

3. Finally, edit the Control page template to let Safari on iPhone know where the custom icons are. The template file is here:

Hard Drive:Library:Application Support:Perceptive Automation:Indigo 2:IndigoWebServer:templates:controlpage.html

Be sure to back up the file before you edit it, in case you want to revert your changes.

Simply add this line of code within the <head> section of the controlpage.html file:

Code: Select all
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/images/iPhone/${pageName}.png"/>

That's it. Create your new Home page buttons on your iPhone and you'll get your new, custom icons for each page on each button.

The code instructs Safari on iPhone to look for a custom icon for each Control page, within the "iPhone" folder. If you name the images with anything other than the name of your control page, it won't work. And if you decide to use a different location than the one I suggested, you'll have to edit the html code to reflect that.

You'll need to add this code to the template each time you upgrade Indigo, as the changes will be overwritten. I doubt Matt will add this code permanently, as it overrides the Indigo icon he's created for this purpose, and unless his other Indigo users create custom icons, they wouldn't get the Indigo icon when they create their iPhone Home page buttons.

Have fun, share your icons. Here's some 57 x 57 versions of some of my "Mac OS Inspired" icons (hope Apple doesn't mind). Let me know if you want any of mine in a larger size:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Posted on
Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:25 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Button Icons, Part 2

Great tip! Thanks for sharing, Mark.

Matt

Posted on
Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:33 pm
penguin21 offline

lost...

I've searched and researched long and hard and can't find how to control av equipment from iphone. I have purchased a irtrans usb module and have downloaded ired 2.0. I can't get the ir codes to work within 2.0 etc. I have noticed that a lot of you on your iphone interfaces have controls for controlling your av equipment. Are you using irtrans if so how and if not what are you using.

Posted on
Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:15 am
chris555 offline

SecuritySpy for iphone

Hi Macsilencer,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have sent you an email with my Securityspy html code which I hope you find useful and pointers on what you need to change in order to match the settings on your computer. I'm in no way an expert so there may be a better way of doing it.

Hope this helps, Chris.