Please can someone help the new guy?!

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:56 am
versace_256 offline

Please can someone help the new guy?!

Hi guys,

I have recently got a mac mini, running version 1.8 of indigo and I am using a CM11 USB interface to connect to my x10 devices.

I have managed to setup Indigo to create timed actions, to control the lights in my living room to turn them on and then dim them to different levels, like mood lighting, with a new timed action being sent every half hour.

I am having a few problems, becuase the link between Indigo and the device seems to get an action stuck in it quite often ( the green indicator on the bottom left of indigo) Each time a new action is sent, more get stuck there, and I cant seem to clear them, unless I disconnect and re connect the device. :(

Could anyone tell me what could be causing the problem? Could this be something interfering with the wiring of the house? Or have I done something wrong to cause the problem?! Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

For info, I am writing from the UK, using a mac mini, and I have 14 different X10 devices, all being used to control lighting.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help!!

:)

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Please can someone help the new guy?!

I think the problem is the USB to serial driver you are using for your CM11 USB. Try using this open source driver instead. I've heard it works quite a bit better. Be sure and uninstall the old driver first though.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:10 pm
versace_256 offline

(No subject)

Hi Matt,

thanks for taking the time to get back to me and getting back so quickly!

I will try this, but Im not totally sure how to uninstall the old driver? Would you be able to tell me how to do this?

I first used the driver from this link

http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

Thanks again,

Michael

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure what the file is named exactly, but based on this thread, it sounds like it is inside this folder:

/System/Library/Extensions/

I'd look for something with Prolific or Serial in the name. Be sure and reboot after you trash it (or move it to your desktop).

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1