DS10A support

Posted on
Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:08 pm
RKT offline

DS10A support

I noticed in the release notes that the DS10A door and window sensors are supported in the new release. I use that system in combination with standard X-10 modules and it would be great to integrate them in to Indigo. How do I make this happen? I can't seem to find a discussion in the FAQs.

Great Program!!

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:16 am
RKT offline

DS10A support

Matt,

Disregard my previous question. I just realized that I'll need an RF receiver to make that happen.

Posted on
Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:16 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: DS10A support

RKT wrote:
I noticed in the release notes that the DS10A door and window sensors are supported in the new release. I use that system in combination with standard X-10 modules and it would be great to integrate them in to Indigo. How do I make this happen?

First, you will need an RF receiver that can pickup the security commands from the DS10. The only one I know about is the W800RF32.

Once you have the W800RF32 (and a USB to serial adapter), you'll need to use an attachment script to handle receiving the command from the DS10 (there is no UI in the app to handle security devices yet).

There is a sample script inside of your Documents/Indigo User Data/Scripts/Attachments (disabled)/ folder. Make a copy of that script in the non-disabled attachments folder. You'll want to add a line that looks something like this to trigger an Indigo Action Group (or execute whatever AppleScript you want):

if devID is 249 then
  if eventType is sec_SensorNormal_min then
    execute group "actionGroupNameToExecute"
  else if eventType is sec_SensorAlert_min then
    execute group "actionGroupNameToExecute2"
  else if eventType is sec_SensorNormal_max then
  else if eventType is sec_SensorAlert_max then
  end if
end if

You will want to change the devID to match that specific security module. You should be able to get the current device ID by triggering the device and looking in the Indigo Event Log.

Note that you can remove a lot of what is inside the sample script -- all of the "if eventType ..." lines, and the "log ..." line towards the bottom can be safely removed -- they are just there as an example.

Be sure and relaunch Indigo or choose "Reload Attachments..." from the Script menu once you make the changes to the attachment script.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:30 pm
oatbean offline

(No subject)

Hello, I have a door sensor from RadioShack. I also have a W800RF32A and some various X10 devices/modules. I found your post here in this forum and it gives me hope. I tried to use the apple script that you provided but I haven't had any success. I was hoping if I cut/pasted from my event log into this message, that perhaps you might be able to help me get the Applescript language correct ( I'm guessing that the wording might be different for a DS10A device ). Sincere thanks for any help or advice you might be willing to provide. -Rob

----- this is from my Indigo event log ---------

8:16:40 PM, 8/1/05
[below is logged when the magnet is moved away from the sensor]

Security Sample sensor alert (min delay)
Security Sample (device ID 53)
Received RF security command sensor alert (min delay) (ID 53)

[below is logged when the magnet is moved back against the sensor]

Security Sample sensor normal (min delay)
Security Sample (device ID 53)
Received RF security command sensor normal (min delay) (ID 53)

p.s. I have set up an Action Group named "chime action group".

thanks agian.

Posted on
Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Page 1 of 1