Indigo Web not working with Apache Reverse Proxy

Posted on
Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: No joy

Yep, you are correct. That won't fix the problem. I'll look into addressing this in a future version.

FYI, you add a root to the cherrypy server by adding an argument to the cherrpy.tree.mount() call inside IndigoWebServer.py:
Code: Select all
      script_name="/indigo",

But as you mentioned that still won't help with the absolute paths in the templates themselves.

Posted on
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 pm
jamus offline

Another issue with reverse proxy

I came across another issue with cherrypy and reverse proxying with apache.

Every 5-10 page loads, I get a completely empty page. Access_log would show a http code of 408. Sniffer log would show "Request Timeout" with no body.

This message thread fixed my issue: http://groups.google.com/group/cherrypy ... 6da1d01390

Posted on
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Another issue with reverse proxy

Thanks for the info. Per this bug ticket, in the next major release of Indigo I'll revert the changes that were made that to wsgiserver that cause the 408 to be returned.

Posted on
Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Another issue with reverse proxy

The next beta build of Indigo 4 (not yet posted) will have better support for running with reverse proxy. You can specify an application root path for Indigo now by creating an IndigoWebServer.conf file inside the Indigo 6/IndigoWebServer/ folder with these lines:
Code: Select all
[global]

app_root_path = '/indigoapp'

where indigoapp can be any root path you want to use. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it seems to work. Let me know if you come across any issues.