iPhone...works

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:04 pm
sgljungholm offline

Big pages

What it did, build buttons in photoshop.

Automated opening them and saving as a big button.

So I have, bluebutton and big blue button.

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:36 pm
Mark offline

(No subject)

snowjay wrote:

What I did instead of editing the controlpage.html of the Indigo server is I turned on Personal Web Sharing. Then the file I posted is the index.html file of the personal web server which calls the Indigo server pages in the iframe. Either way works but I think Matt said the controlpage.html might/could get overwritten when you upgrade Indigo so you'd have to remember to back it up/restore it. This just saves me that hassle. I can post better instructions if you are anyone else is interested.

Does your Photoshop have a "Save for Web" option? I have Elements 4.0 and it does. That eleminates all that extra crap and saves it as small as possible (you can actually tweak the settings and see the preview and file size before saving).

Well, I have to keep track of a bunch of modified files, so one more isn't bad for me. But you're right that one has to keep track of the mod's. Maybe Matt can add the code for us permanently.

Interesting solution with the Web Sharing, but I'm too scared to open any more ports! I don't really know what I'm doing well enough with that stuff.

Here's another possible solution: I have a Help page that is just a bunch of text. But so much text that I couldn't do it well enough on an Indigo control page. So I developed a plain ol' HTML doc and stuck it in the "static" folder in the "Indigo 2" folder. I added a button for the Help page on my control pages with an External Link of "static/help.html".

And I can access that page from the Internet with a URL like this: http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8000/static/help.html. So this way it's still within the Indigo Server realm. Which means accessable to my other control pages, and subject to the same user/password protection, etc.

Maybe that would be simpler for you than dealing with the other Web server...

Great Photoshop tip. I'll try that next time. Thanks!

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:37 pm
snowjay offline

(No subject)

I ended up changing how I was calling my iPhone pages and made the modifications to controlpage.html to support direct access. It was done for ease of access away from home, otherwise I'd have to open up more ports on the router to support Apache and Indigo.

I know other people in threads were looking for more specifics so these are the modifications I made to controlpage.html. Changes in bold. Comments in red.

<head>
<title>Indigo Home Control Server : $pageName</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
#Makes control page fit iPhone screen. user-scalable=no was left off so it doesn't affect other browsers
<meta name="viewport" content="width=320" />
</head>
#This makes the iPhone address bar dissapear after the page loads. You are able to make it reappear by scrolling the page up. This has no effect on other browsers.
<body onload="controlPageOnload($pollInterval);setTimeout(function(){window.scrollTo(0, 1);}, 100)">

Jason

Posted on
Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:35 pm
mortbrew offline

My iPhone Setup

Using all the tips posted so far I was able to whip up this sample Control Page.

I used the buttons "Mark" so graciously sent me but edited them to add transparency around the corners. I created the On (red) and Off (green) buttons, right facing chevron (>) and the dark grey buttons as well as the background image. All the elements I created were sampled right from my iPhone. I also used all the html tips mined from the preceding pages about creating the right size pages and scrolling and auto hiding the address bar. Thanks! It's still a work in progress and any feedback is welcome. :)

Posted on
Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:28 am
Matt offline

(No subject)

I like your control page mortbrew. Nice, clean and simple.

Posted on
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:10 am
sgljungholm offline

My iPhone controls

Here is a link to my iPhone control page.

http://ljungholm.dyndns.org:8080/groups ... ntrol.htmlImage

Posted on
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:55 pm
sgljungholm offline

iPhone control on Youtube

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:21 pm
agoltz offline

OK - I love the Iphone (I have an itouch) pages

Can someone post a zip file with the pages? Im technical but not enough to figure this out without a "template to start"

Most of the comments here are for folks that are very comfortable with HTML and Im not quite up to that level.

I can edit fine but I need a template to start.

email - alex dot itouchindigo at vdgoltz dot com

Much appreciated if someone can send me their HTML pages so I can try to edit and adapt them to my home

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Martijn Heeroma offline

(No subject)

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:18 pm
macpro offline

(No subject)

Ziet er goed uit, Martijn.
Toch maar eens klooien met m'n iPod touch.

(wel een kleine typo: het is begane grond)

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:18 pm
Martijn Heeroma offline

(No subject)

on the iphone you have these switches:

you could make 2 pictures and the indigowebserver wil show it
nice, but when you "activate" the switch, it wouldn't move as nice
as the original one.

has anybody puzzeld with this ?

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:59 am
Martijn Heeroma offline

(No subject)

Hi,

I know, the IPhone syncs with youre safari bookmarks,
but i wanted to integrate the bookmarks with my automation-pages,
so I made a php script that generates for every tab in safari
a html page, and makes a bookmark.html page for linking to
the "tab-pages"

first you have to open the safari boomark.plist file and export
it as acii file, put it in the same dir as this script, as data.xml

run the script once, and you're done.

http://parapenter.nl/homeautomation/images/safari_bookmarks/safari_bookmarks.zip

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:53 pm
chris555 offline

Getting ipod control page full screen

Does anyone know how to get the control pages in ipod to go full screen such as when ipod is playing a movie ie: not only the address bar hidden but that bottom bar as well when holding it in landscape mode?
Thanks for any replies.....Chris555

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:04 pm
Mark offline

iPhone Button Icons

How'd he DO that!?!

And that's not a Web page masquerading as an iPhone Home screen, it's the real deal. And it's no iPhone hack, either! Them's custom icons on custom buttons on my iPhone's Home screen that open my control pages in iPhone's Safari browser. (Icons are a bit hard to see in a photo, but look great in person! They each have a little Indigo icon in the upper left corner, but that doesn't show up in the image here.)

So you may have already figured out that the buttons are created by the iPhone, an ability it picked up with the latest iPhone update (multiple home screens, with custom, user-added buttons that open Web pages in Safari). As soon as I got the update, I started creating buttons for my control pages. But the iPhone made the button graphics out of the current view of my control pages. Not too pretty, and they all looked alike (my control pages are very similar looking, so miniature versions of those look virtually identical).

So how to add custom icons to iPhone buttons?

Here's my "simple" trick:

Note: the original remainder of this post has been deleted as I later learned a much more elegant solution for this task. See "iPhone Button Icons, Part 2" later in this thread--Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:42 am
chris555 offline

Full Screen Control Pages

Hi Mark,

So when you actually load your indigo page in Safari is it totally full screen- edge to edge? A photo would be good showing this. Looks very good bye the way!

Chris.